Sunday 19 April 2015

Puli Charu / Tamarind Rasam

        Today, when I entered my kitchen I found that no vegetables left out except 2 or three tomatoes and few onions.  I wondered what to prepare with these two ingredients, then suddenly this recipe came into my mind. I recall my old days, when my mother prepares this puli charu (Tamarind charu) when nothing left out.  We always like this instant tamarind recipe which goes well with any vegetable curry.  Friends here go the step by step pictorial preparation of ‘instant puli chau’. Try it; tastes it and please leave your valuable comments….

Ingredients
Tamarind- Small lemon size (soaked in water)
Tomato - 2 nos (if u want add one more and reduce the quantity of tamarind)
Small onion- 4nos
Red chilli -3nos
Seeragam/cumin seeds- 1/2tspn
Curry leaf – 1 string
Garlic – 3pods (smashed)
Mustard seeds – 1tspn
Fenugreek seeds – ½ tspn
Turmeric powder – Pinch
Salt – to taste
Asafetida Powder - pinch
Grated coconut – 3tspn
Gingely oil/Ghee – 1 tspn
Coriander leaf – 1 tsp chopped

Step 1
Wash and chop the tomatoes finely. Cut small oions and split the red chilli into pieces.

Step 2
As I mentioned in my earlier post, I prefer using mud pot for preparing any food.
Heat the pot; add ghee /gingely oil and once the oil become hot add mustard seeds.
When it pops up, add fenugreek, Asafoetida and slightly fry. Then add chopped onion, curry leaf and the smashed garlic. Fry for few seconds.


Step 3
Now add chopped tomatoes and fry till it smashed well. Then add turmeric powder and salt.


Step 4
Now add the tamarind water and stir well. Allow it boil.


Step 5
When it starts to boil add chopped coriander leaf and the grated coconut.



Here goes my instant puli Charu.
Serve it with hot rice and fried Vadam...






No comments:

Lemon Rasam

Ingredients Pasiparuppu -  1/4 cup Tomato - 2 nos Rasam powder -2 tspn (If you do not have rasam powder,then u can use crushed pepper co...